Sunday 11 July 2010

The Party

There I was, standing in the corner at a party, trying to mingle for the sake of... nothing really. I felt like I was tied with an invisible rope and couldn't concentrate on anything that was going on. People were meaninglessly moving back and fourth. Some were fetching drinks while other were trying to barge into others' conversations. It all seemed so fatigueing.

While my rope seemed to get tighter, I had forced myself to talk to two girls whom appeared to have escaped from a cartoon. I was fascinated by their sincerity and their enthusiastic faces with their articulated lips, composing a beautiful melody.

I was being spoken to and automatically shaking my head as if comprehending but all I could hear was a melody. Every time the tune ended with a high note I nodded as if agreeing. I even gave a smile once in a while.

I tried to listen but felt helpless at the thought of having become a pretentious social scum, avoiding mirrors as often as I could.

E.Y.

1 comment:

Elifyc said...

Just like Stephen King would have said it...